The MOT Test is an annual requirement for all cars 3 years of age or older.This period varies for some other vehicle types
The test ensures that your vehicle meets the minimum safety & emissions standards required by law keeping your vehicle safe and environmentally friendly to drive.
It is important to remember that the MOT test is not a substitute for a proper vehicle service the test just represents a snapshot of your vehicle’s condition on the day of the test, and is no guarantee that you won’t encounter issues in the future. To ensure your own peace of mind, it’s a good idea to get your vehicle serviced regularly alongside the annual MOT test.
MoTest are an authorised DVSA testing station, so our specialist MOT technicians can carry out a comprehensive vehicle check to ensure that it meets the recommended safety standards. We are now also able to provide Class VII MOT's.
What we check: *
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension - general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Rear fog Lamps.
- Stop lamps
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
* This is not an exhaustive list.