MOTest carry one of the largest stocks of exhausts in Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes. Our exhausts cover most makes, models and budgets and we can provide anything from a single part to a full system.
Your Exhaust is designed to perform several functions including
- Controlling noise
- Directing exhaust fumes away from the vehicles occupants
- Improving engine performance
- Improving fuel consumption
If your exhaust is failing any one of these functions may not be being performed correctly.
We source our exhausts from top quality manufacturers like Bosal and Timax and we can provide stainless steel exhaust systems to order.
All our full exhaust systems carry a minimum 12 month, full parts and labour guarantee.
Call now on 01908 210055 to get a quote for your vehicle!
Catalytic Converters (CAT)
MOTest can supply and fit catalytic converters for a wide range of vehicles. The correct operation of your catalytic converter is essential to maintain legal exhaust emissions and economical engine performance. The catalytic Convertor is designed to reduce.
- Carbon Monoxide
- Hydrocarbons or Volatile Organic Compounds
- Nitrogen Oxides
and can fail for a number of reasons including:-
- Lack of servicing
- Some catalysts contain ceramic bricks which can break if they suffer a knock
- Engine misfires or bump starting a vehicle
- Leaded fuel can poison the catalyst
- Leakage of welds or pipes
If your Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is illuminated this does not necessarily mean the CAT is faulty. Diagnosis is required prior to a replacement CAT being fitted. Call in to MOTest and we will happily diagnose the problem.